Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This laugh brought to you by Tyler

I have to write these down before I forget and they are just too precious to keep to myself!

Monday night Kristen plopped down on our bed complaining about the bathroom being in use (there seems to always be a line for the bathroom these days!!) Paul joked with her to "take a number." Tyler pipes up ever so innocently, "Can I please have a number too?" We laughed so hard as Paul tried to explain what the phrase "take a number" really means!!

But that is not even the best part!!!

Our family devotions that night was about Noah and the building of the ark. Our habit for putting the kids to bed is for Paul and I to pray with each kid as we tuck them in. Sometimes they want to pray as well, and we let them. Tyler wanted to pray. (Have I mentioned that Tyler wants to be a preacher when he grows up)?

The prayer that ensued was much more of a sermon. Complete with voice getting forceful and everything. He was preaching away about the bad people that Noah had to be with and how they did not love God. I was literally biting my shirt to control the laughs, but after about five minutes I had to stop him. He could have gone on all night!! Again, Paul found himself trying to explain things to Tyler. He just looked at us blankly when Paul said that prayer is thanking God for things and asking His help for needs!

Oh, how I love Tyler's heart for the Lord!! It is my prayer he will never loose his zeal-- watch out 15 or so years from now!!

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so glad to hear about Tyler - and I smiled at the thought of you and Paul tucking the kids in! I'm so happy for you, J!

Heidi said...

If he goes on and on, he will be a Baptist preacher.