Thursday, May 10, 2007

A glorious revelation

I have had so many people tell me that I am so strong, but I did not see it until yesterday. I had a friend who was a single mom for many years ask me if I was still emotionally attached to the hubby. My response came without much thought. Of course, if he came back to me today with a repentant heart, I would take him back in an instant. But I know that my love, self-worth, and confidence does not come from a man but from God. Her jaw fell open and her response was, "it took me years to learn that." As I thought on that response, it hit me that this is why I seem so strong to others. Yes, I cry still almost every day. But it is just the grief of the situation, not a hopelessness. I can fully rest in the love of my God!!! I praise Him for my spiritual growth!

No comments: