Friday, May 4, 2007

God is good- all the time!!

This phrase seems so quaint and trite- until you are in the midst of your life falling apart. Then it seems sooooo not true. How can God be good and allow a seemingly good man to go so bad? As I mentioned, the "Noisy Soul" series has been a lifeline for me. It has a meditation CD that I have been falling asleep to most nights. The points of it are: My soul can rest because: God is good- always; God always has my best interests in mind; God will always meet my genuine needs. It gives many scriptures to back up all these statements.

I want to list a few of the ways I have seen God work for good this last month. While the hubby started out being horrible, he has changed his tune a lot. He is no longer openly flaunting the other woman at me. He is not fighting me about anything. He has agreed upon a very fair monthly allotment for child support/ alimony. He is allowing me to keep the house. He promises to allow me to raise the kids in a Godly fashion. God has also blessed me with a wonderful job. Working full time is pretty much a given as a single mom, but it was breaking my heart to think of putting the kids in daycare- especially the baby. I have been home with all the other ones, and I felt like he would be cheated. When I called the nursing home I was working at last year, I found that they had baylor position open. For those not in health care, that is a full time position where you work three 12 hour shifts and get paid for a full 40 hours. My shift is Fri., Sat., and Sun. 7 PM- 7AM. I am having my sister in law come to sleep over with the kids, so they will not have to leave their home. And the best part is I am still a full time mom all week! My sleep with be a bit choppy and scarce on the weekends, but this really is my "way of escape" (I Cor. 10:13). Our needs are being met. I just sit back in amazement at the giving spirit of many in my church. And not just in the physical things. Several of the men are just loving on the kids in a big way. And the kids are just clinging to them!!

I read an illustration last week that really hit home. What woman doesn't love a beautiful diamond ring? But how many times do we stand in the jewelry store and think about all the hard toil that went into making that beautiful piece? The diamond had to be chipped and polished. The gold had to be melted at an intense heat and then stretched and formed while still hot to be molded into the perfect circle. That piece of jewelry has a master creator behind it. But who stops to give the creator credit for all the hard work? I have no idea where my life is heading. A month ago I lived a pretty peaceful "perfect" little Christian life. Now, all is upside down. Yes, I allow the tears to flow when they begin. I grieve for my loss. But I will not allow it to ruin me. God has some purpose in this and when I come out on the other side, I will be a stone to rival the Hope Diamond!!

4 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Jennittia - thank you for sharing... I'm so glad to know that you are standing strong with the Lord's help! Praise the Lord for his provision for you... especially the job and the sis-in-law, as well as $ from hubby. I know that was a huge concern for you.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts... I am praying for you!

Dave said...

Thanks Jennettia,
Your response to this series of events in your life has been of great encouragement to us.

“In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.” - I Peter 1:6-7

You most likely cannot now see how the hand of God will be revealed in all this, but we can look forward to the time when your faith has been proved genuine, and Jesus Christ is revealed. Speaking as those who hurt right alongside you, but also being outside the situation, Melissa and I have already seen God's work, and are praising God that we can trust that in the end, even something that is so hard for you that you would never choose to endure, will be used to bring glory to His name. Our prayers are with you.

Heidi said...

Thank you so much for sharing your honest thoughts, Jennittia.
I am sure it is hard to put on a strong face as you must be broken up inside. Your attitude is amazing.
Our sovereign God will truly care for His own.
There is a really great song that we have been singing in our church and I thought of you the last time we sang it. I will e mail you the words to it or maybe put it on my blog. It is called IN CHRIST ALONE.

Jennittia said...

Thanks for the Scripture, Dave!! That's a good one! And Heidi- do send the song, I would love to read it!