Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thoughts on motherhood

I was just catching up on some of the blogs of others. As Mother's Day was just a few days ago, there were many about mothers, and I realized I have not written about my day. Obviously, Mother's Day this year was like none before, but it truly was wonderful. First, I basked in the joy of what the kiddos brought home from school. Kiddo #1 made a wonderful flower pot out of sticks and dried moss. I think the teacher used it as a duel science and art project! It even had a flower growing in it that they planted "as a seed." The #2 kiddo also made a flower pot at school, but this one was a painted pail with a silk flower in it. But, oh, the pride he had when he gave it to me. They all made me countless cards. A woman at church gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, saying she wanted to make this Mother's day very special for me. I was treated to a great meal at the in-laws house cooked by Dad and one of the brother in laws. The hubby gave me a shock and had taken the kids the day before out to buy me a pretty locket that says "Mom" on the front. Of course, he had the kids sign the card, but I thought it was a sweet gesture considering everything.

I finished out Mother's Day by starting my first day back to work. It really went well, and I know that it will give me the release that I need from being a single mom to four kids. God really has blessed me with the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I was hoping that Dad would take the kids to get you something. That was a very nice gesture.
There are a couple of divorced moms in our church who also received bouquets of flowers from one of the other ladies.